Its weekend and my craving for fast food has begun. I always loved KFC Zinger chicken burgers. I thought of trying it at home and it was a hit in my family. Make your own zinger burgers with your choice of sauces, enjoy!
First marinate chicken fillet with chicken fillet marination recipe on my blog. Leave it for four hours.
Crush corn flakes and mix it with bread crumbs. Keep aside.
In a bowl, add all purpose flour, corn flour and salt. Pour in water gradually till you get a thick paste. Mix in hot sauce.
Dip the chicken fillets in the bowl and then cover it with crumbs. Keep in the freezer for an hour.
Deep fry the fillets on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
Spread mayo, ketchup, mustard sauce on buns. Place cucumber, onion slices, pickled jalapeños, lettuce leaves and zinger fillet on the bun. Enjoy!
- 1 kg chicken fillet pieces
- Chicken fillet marination (prev on blog)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup corn flakes crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- Water to mix
- Oil to fry
- Cucumber slices
- Onion slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Pickled jalapeño
- Mustard sauce
- Mayo sauce
- 1Marinate the chicken fillets for atleast four hours. (Previously posted on the blog, click the link above in the text)
- 2In a bowl, add all purpose flour, cornflour and salt. Pour water gradually till it becomes a thick paste. Add hot sauce and mix. Keep aside.
- 3Mix together crushed corn flakes and bread crumbs. Keep seperately.
- 4Dip the chicken fillets in the paste and then cover with the crumbs. Place in the freezer for an hour.
- 5Deep fry the fillets on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
- 6Spread mayo, ketchup and mustard sauce over the bun. Place cucumber, onion, lettuce, jalapeño and chicken fillet over the bun. Enjoy!