I always loved baking more than preparing the savoury dishes. I took an informal baking class when I was 13. So I have been trying to bake some delicious cakes since then.
Vanilla pound cake is soft, moist and smells wonderful too. Its better to bake at home then buy it from the bakery. Its economical and most importantly its healthy.
Firstly, preheat your oven at 180deg celcius. Keep your baking tray ready.
Its better to use eggs and butter that have reached room temperature rather than directly from the fridge.
Beat together butter and sugar till it turns fluffy. Add vanilla essence, flour, baking powder, eggs and lastly milk. Keep beating on medium speed till all the ingredients are mixed. The cake mix will be of slightly thicker consistency.
Pour in a baking tray and bake for 45 mins.
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 Baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 180 deg celcius. Prepare the baking tray.
- 2Beat together sugar and butter till it turns fluffy.
- 3Add vanilla essence, flour, baking powder, eggs and milk. Beat on medium speed till the ingredients mix completely to form a slightly thick texture. You can add a little more milk if its too thick.
- 4Pour in the pan and place in the oven for 45 mins.
- 5Enjoy at teatime/ coffee with friends!