Shish tawook is an arabian dish originated from turkey. Shish means skewers and tawook means chicken. I have grown up eating shish tawook as I lived in the gulf. Now for the first time I tried this at home and my family loved it.
- 500g chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup green bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup tomatoes cut into cubes
- 1 cup onion cut into cubes
- 1 cup whole mushrooms
- 1In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients with the chicken cubes. Marinate for atleast four hours.
- 2Wet the wooden skewers and insert the chicken pieces and the vegetables.
- 3Place in a frypan with little oil and cover with the lid. Cook on medium heat till the chicken is half cooked and pour the remaining marinade over the chicken.
- 4Now grill the chicken skewers till they are golden brown on both sides.
- 5Serve hot with pita bread. Enjoy!
07 April, 2017
Can I use paneer instead of the chicken