Okra/ lady fingers is one of my most favorite vegetables since childhood. Making okra is not only simple and easy but it has almost no fat content and is rich in vit C, vit K, thiamin, folate and magnesium. So if you are on a diet, this okra masala will be a treat without you feeling guilty about gaining fat.
- 500g okra/ ladyfingers sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp corainder powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1In a pot, sauté onion on medium heat in oil till they turn transparent.
- 2Mix in the okra with all the spices and garlic. Let it cook till the sliminess dissolves stirring occasionally.
- 3Add in the tomatoes and quarter cup of water. Cover and let it cook for about 10 to 15 mins.
- 4Serve hot with roti/ bread. Enjoy!