Its weekend again and my craving for fast food begins. Its healthier and more cheaper to make your own burgers at home. I like my meat patty thick and moist, mustard sauce, ketchup, hot sauce and mayonaise enchancing the meats taste. Cover the patty with pickled cucumbers, onions and tomatoes, you can also add lettuce and cheese slices. If you like it hot, add pickled jalapeño.
The star of your mouthwatering burger is the patty. I shallow fry my patties in a frypan, you can grill on a bbq too for that nice brown colour and bbq flavor.
First, in a bowl, add ginger, garlic, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and pieces of bread.
Mix it with the minced meat with your hands.
You will make about 10 round patties or more depending on your thickness and size.
Apply egg wash on both sides of the patties and coat with the bread crumbs. Freeze for an hour or uptil a week.
Shallow fry the patties for 5 mins on both sides.
Add the sauces and the vegetables to your bun. Place the hot patty. Enjoy!
- 500g minced beef
- For the patty:
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 slices of bread
- For the bun:
- Mustard sauce
- Hot sauce
- Sliced onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Pickled cucumbers
- Pickled jalapeño
- 1 beaten egg
- 1In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the patty and mix in with the minced beef.
- 2Make about 10 patties, apply egg wash and coat in crumbs.
- 3Put in the freezer for 1 hour.
- 4Shallow fry for 10 mins or more on medium heat till it turns brown, turning both sides.
- 5Coat the buns with the sauces and vegetables. Place the hot patty. Enjoy!