Kadhi is a yogurt based curry made with spices and besan (chickpeas powder). Fried pakoras are added to the curry for the rich and royal texture. Kadhi is served with boiled rice and is sworn by many people to be their favorite dish :))
- For the pakoras:
- 2/3 cup gram flour/besan/chickpeas powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Oil to fry
- For the kadhi:
- 1 1/2 cup sour curd
- 3 tbsp gram flour/ besan/ chickpeas powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 6 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2/3 cup water
- 1Firstly to make the pakoras: In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the pakoras. Gradually add water and mix to form a thick batter.
- 2Heat oil on medium flame in a wok. Drop spoonful of batter in the oil. Turn the pakoras occasionally till they are evenly golden brown.
- 3Drain the pakoras on kitchen paper to remove excess oil. Keep aside.
- 4For the kadhi: Blend curd, water and gram flour together.
- 5In a pot, heat oil on medium flame. Add all the spices, curry leaves, garlic and salt. When the spices start to splatter, pour the blended curd mixture gradually into the pot while continuously stirring. This avoids any lumps to be formed.
- 6Let the curry cook for 15 mins on low flame till the kadhi thickens. Lastly, add the fried pakoras in the kadhi.
- 7Serve hot with boiled rice. Enjoy!