Its nine degrees celcius here and I had been craving for comfort food. When I was in karachi, I loved hot and sour soup from Ginsoys chinese restaurant. I came across many recipes and finally found the perfect blend of ingredients for this hot and sour soup.
Cabbage, carrots, green bell pepper, corn and spring onions with chunks of chicken in the soup would fill your tummy with loads of vitamins.
- 1 cup cabbage sliced
- 1 cup carrot julienne sliced
- 1 cup capsicum julienne sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup spring onions sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 250g boneless chicken julienne cut
- 2 tbsp hot chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Splash of soya sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed in half cup of water
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt to taste
- 1In a pot, sauté julienne chicken with garlic paste in oil on medium heat. Add all the sauces, spices, chicken stock cube, vinegar except soya sauce.
- 2When the chicken is half cooked, add cabbage, carrot, capsicum and soya sauce. Mix and cook for 5 mins.
- 3Pour in the 5 cups of chicken stock and let it cook on medium heat for 15 mins.
- 4Add beaten egg and stir vigorously. Pour in cornflour with water and stir till the soup thickens.
- 5Garnish with spring onions. Serve hot with crotons. Enjoy!