I had never used cream cheese in savory dishes. So I thought of creating a recipe from scratch using cream cheese, cream, cashewnut paste and ground spices. I baked the chicken in the oven and the result was amazing. A must try recipe if you want your tastebuds to blast :))
- 500g boneless chicken cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Whole black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cream
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 green chilli (acc to spice level)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (acc to spice level)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ginger crushed
- 2 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Oil to coat dish
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1In a bowl, marinate chicken cubes with salt, vinegar and white pepper for 1 hour.
- 2Grind cumin, coriander and whole black pepper.
- 3Blend together green chilli, garlic cloves, ginger, red chilli powder, garam masala, cashewnuts, cream, cream cheese and freshly ground spices. It should form a smooth paste.
- 4In the same bowl now coat the chicken with the blended paste and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 180 deg celcius. Coat the pyrex dish with oil and place the chicken with the marination. Spread the butter over the chicken and cover with aluminium foil.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes and then take off the foil paper and bake for another 15 mins tossing the chicken so that they get evenly baked on both sides.
- 7Serve hot with chapatis and raita. Enjoy!