Aloo paratha (potato paratha) are a must in this cold season. I have previously posted recipe of aloo paratha but made it in a different way. This recipe is unique and the parathas are soft and light. Green chutney or tomato chutney just enhances the taste of the paratha. Its a very quick and easy chutney recipe, its spicy so adjust the chilli level according to your spice tolerance.
Firstly, make the potato mixture.
Knead dough with the potato mixture.
Roll out paratha before frying.
- 3 boiled and mashed large potatoes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- For the chutney:
- 4 dried red chilli (adjust to spice level)
- Salt to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tomato
- 1In a fry pan, sauté onion on medium heat with oil. Add mashed potatoes with cumin, coriander, turmeric, chaat masala, salt, red chilli flakes and garlic.
- 2In a kitchen aid, knead flour with the mashed potatoes mixture. Gradually add water till a slightly sticky dough is formed.
- 3Divide the dough into balls. Sprinkle flour while rolling the dough into paratha.
- 4Heat a frypan on medium to high flame. Fry the paratha on both sides with little oil till golden in colour.
- 5Blend dried red chillies with salt, garlic, vinegar and tomato. Serve hot paratha with chutney. Enjoy!