I was craving for chocolate on chocolate day, I have always loved truffles. First time, I tasted this delicacy when I was studying in dental college, chocolate mint truffles. I just couldn't have enough of them.
These dark chocolate truffles coated with crushed almonds would satisfy all your chocolate cravings. If you are not so fond of dark chocolate you can use milk chocolate instead of unsweetened chocolate. They are an absolute treat not just for the eyes but also for your taste buds.
They are super simple to make you will just have to be patient as you have to refrigerate the truffle mixture for atleast 6 hours before you can gulp them down. I keep them refrigerated overnight.
In a bowl, add pieces of semi sweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate.
In a double boiler, on medium heat melt the chocolate and add the condensed milk stirring till all the chocolate is melted. It would take about 5 - 8 minutes. It should have a thick consistency like when you mix sugar and butter for cake.
Add vanilla essence and stir. Let it cool.
Cover with thin film and put in the fridge for not less than 6 hrs and preferabbly overnight.
Scoop out 1 tsp of the mixture and shape into balls. You will make about 25 balls. Coat with crushed almonds. Refrigerate till you want them to be served. Enjoy!
- 8 1/2 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
- 8 1/2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Crushed almonds
- 1In a double boiler on medium heat, add chocolate pieces, condensed milk and vanilla essence. Stir till all the chocolate melts.
- 2Allow to cool. Cover with thin film and refrigerate for atleast 6 hours preferabbly overnight.
- 3Take 1 tsp of the mixture and mold into balls. You will make about 25 truffles. Coat with chopped almonds.
- 4Refrigerate till you want to serve them. Enjoy!